20 years

of Excellence

Search Your Trips

Entry Procedure in Tibet

How to apply for it?
We will assist you in applying for it after you entering Tibet. Our guide will ask you for your passport and the Tibet Entry Permit and submit it to the Foreign Affairs Section of PSB.

Which parts of Tibet are listed as the closed areas?
At the present, you have to apply for a Travel Permit if you are planning to visit the following places:

Tsetang: Samye Monastery, Tomb of Tibetan King, Changdruk Temple, Yumbulakhang
Shigatse: Sakya Monastery, The Mt. Everest, Rongbuk Monastery
Gyangtse: Pelkor Chode Monastery & Kubum Stupa
Nqari Region
Basumtso lake in Nyingchi Region
Chamdo Region
Lhasa and Nagqu regions are open to foreign travelers and no need for Travel Permit.

Entry Procedure:
By Road
. Kodari Border near Zangmu from Kathmandu
• Through Golmud road to Amdo
• Purang from Simikot
By Air
. Kathmandu to Lhasa
. Hongkong-Chengdu-Lhasa